Monday 15 September 2014

Plagiarism is not a form of flattery and I've had enough

Anyone out there that writes, especially for a living, knows just how bad it is when someone steals their hard work. There is at least one little Macedonian guy out there doing it on a regular basis and making money with Adsense in the process.

What makes it even worse, they are not only stealing every single article I (and various other authors) publish on Guardian Liberty Voice, but in the process they are taking credit as author on the home page, butchering the English in the article to the extent that it no longer makes any sense, and then, heaven forbid, even leaving my name at the bottom of the article.  They even come up in certain Google searches, for goodness sake.

Have a look at this... these are the latest articles published by me on Guardian Liberty Voice:
http://guardianlv.com/author/sewellanne/

and here we have a list of articles, stolen and butchered by our Macedonian plagiarizer - I searched his site using my name:

https://www.empoweryourmind.info/?s=Anne+Sewell

See what I mean?  Guardian Liberty Voice is taking action against the guy, but this has been going on now for well over a month.

Besides leaving the odd rude note on his G+ and Facebook profile pages, has anyone got any good ideas how to stop this thieving moron?

The photo isn't the actual criminal BTW, and is CC-by-SA and courtesy Ed and Lex



4 comments:

  1. Hi Anne Sewell .
    I'm sorry for my late response as i just saw your comment on my facebook page. I read a thread and i hired some people from Dubai to manage my site and what they did is they messed up my whole website and what's worst i payed them for it. I'm trying to get it right and put a stop to this nonsense. I have no idea how they manage to transfer all the post to facebook and to my website. I am Musician and i don't open my facebook profile often but I deleted the most of the facebook posts and i wiped out my Entire empoweryourmind.info Website so i will start from scratch providing useful information there . I don't want stolen content on any of my property.
    Here is my Public Sincere Apology:
    I am truly sorry for not knowing that they will use stolen content on my website and trusting them blindly. Again, I hope you and your readers will understand me.
    This is not going to happen again....Not from Me
    Thanks for opening my eyes because if you didn't wrote on my profile i would have no idea how bad this is.
    I hope and waiting for you to reply on this message just to know that i have your understanding.
    Thanks again...
    Vasko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vasko, so glad to receive your apology and have the situation resolved. It has been pretty bad. I know guardianlv.com were taking legal action but they apparently didn't get too far with it as this has been going on for months.

      Thanks for removing all the articles and good luck with your website.

      Anne

      Delete
  2. Also I think we should get together and fight this criminals that scammed me and stole your hard work. Their Skype ID is: 5s Web Services ... and there is not only my website that they did this to. They are working on other sites the same process and they getting payed for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... yes I see they sell fully automated news websites, which I would imagine is what your website actually was?
      http://5swebservices.com/the-biggest-news-website-script-fully-automated-mega-sale-only-for-us-30/

      Delete